Request a Personalized Demo of Darwin Attack®
Enhance Your Azure Cloud Security with Penetration Testing
Cloud adoption continues to increase with the increased shift to virtual businesses and a remote work staff. In the same timeframe, web-based attacks have continued to increase. As more organizations move their data and applications to the cloud, cybercriminals have increasingly targeted cloud applications and infrastructures.
While they are increasingly popular, cloud implementations have also proven they can be challenging. As organizations adopt more advanced cloud services, such as containerization and serverless computing, their attack surface becomes more complex and harder to secure. This is complicated even more by fact that many organizations have a lack of not only cloud security expertise, but a lack of even cloud computing expertise.
Cloud implementations comes in several different levels of service, including infrastructure as a service, platform as a service, and software as a service. Pretty much any variation of cloud service relies on a “shared responsibility model.”
Your exact responsibilities vary depending on the exact cloud model you are using, but, in general, you are likely responsible for the data, and for making sure the server configurations meet your business and security needs. The provider typically has responsibility for the defined platforms – the servers as implemented in the cloud.
This ultimately means that, unless you are buying a full software as a service solution, you still have significant responsibilities in defining and managing the security of your cloud solution.
Evolve Security Azure penetration tests are designed to help improve your ability to manage the security of your Azure implementation. This includes evaluating who can get access to the data and applications within your cloud environment. As part of this process Evolve Security provides actionable information about security weaknesses related to your cloud infrastructure, helping you to remediate security weaknesses before they can be exploited by malicious actors, helping to protect sensitive data and maintain the integrity and availability of your cloud environment.
Our proven Azure cloud penetration testing solutions
Evolve Security’s approach to Azure penetration testing services enables you to increase your control over your cloud-environment, allowing you to reduce related risk. Azure cloud penetration testing is different than regular network testing because of the unique aspect of cloud environments. The Service Level Agreement you signed with Azure should clearly list who is responsible for what aspect of security in your cloud implementation. In a shared-responsibility model, you may only have responsibility over some aspects of your cloud implementation, but it is still ultimately your data at risk
Evolve Security focuses primarily on attacks that provide the attacker access to your data, including:
- Open-source intelligence includes searching the internet and dark web for information about your organization and cloud solution that could lead to potential compromise. This includes data such as:
- Default information about the cloud provider like their configuration standards and any default passwords,
- Static system information like IP address or server names, specified software and version numbers
- Potentially sensitive or otherwise valuable information posted by staff or ex-staff members
- Usernames and passwords – defaults for the applications, software, and services being used, as well as previously compromised or posted credentials, and,
- Previous data from an earlier breach, test, or research.
- Password attacks includes attempting to obtain, guess, or brute-force valid credentials that enable an external user to access any cloud services or data.
- Cloud exposed information includes using next-generation tools, and open-sourced searches to identify information that remains exposed in your cloud implementation via shared storage space like Azure Blobs and Azure Files.
Evolve Security typically recommends including an Azure cloud security assessment as part of the Azure cloud penetration test to help ensure that the organization’s Azure environment has been built in a way that supports the security, compliance, and reporting needs of the organization across the entire cloud environment. Evolve Security’s Azure cloud penetration testing solutions include the exact set of services that are most appropriate for your business needs. These services always focus on providing you with actionable information you can use to make proactive steps to improve the security of your cloud implementation, and better meet your business needs.
Application Security Architecture Review
Our Azure cloud penetration testing services update as cybersecurity threats evolve
Cloud penetration tests are key components of your enterprise security program. Commodity services have a place in the market, but are not going to offer you the type of service, details, and effectiveness that you need to identify security problems in your environment, then maximizes your opportunity to fix them in a proactive manner, before a hostile attacker or cybercriminal has the chance to take advantage of them.
Evolve Security combines three important elements to offer the best penetration test services:
- Next-generation toolsets that are regularly evaluated, replaced, and updated to maintain not only the best tools, but most appropriate tools for your specific services,
- Experienced security experts with broad ranges of technical experience to help ensure we can provide the most effective service, and
- The Darwin Attack® portal, which enables efficient, timely communications and collaborations, and supports your management and reporting needs.