The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is a mixture of live-online classes with our instructors and self-study through our custom-built learning management system called CyberLAB. Students watch pre-record videos prior to class so that the class time can be spent connecting cybersecurity concepts to real-life scenarios and getting hands-on with labs. Students will also work in smaller groups with teaching assistants to build teamwork skills while learning practical cybersecurity skills. Job preparation is integrated throughout the bootcamp with access to a career coach for one on one coaching and job prep support.
We are looking for students with the right attitude and aptitude for cybersecurity. Students who are passionate about learning security and are curious in nature will be successful in the Cybersecurity Bootcamp. We can teach you the technical skills that are needed to enter the industry, but you need to have the drive, work ethic, and passion to learn the skills that are needed.
Students are expected to be familiar with basic cybersecurity concepts, computer networking, and the Linux command line which can be learned through our free Cybersecurity Fundamentals prep course.
Our Cybersecurity Fundamentals course will provide the best preparation on topics such as basic cybersecurity concepts, computer networking, and the Linux command line. You’re encouraged to join our free EvolveSec Meetup to learn more about current topics and trends in the cybersecurity industry through virtual events and start your professional networking. Recordings of past events are located here.
The bootcamp is part-time with 25 weeks of live-online remote learning, and a one week break during Amazon Prime Week. Students are expected to spend a total of 12 hours (6 hours in-class, 6 hours outside of class) per week on Cybersecurity Bootcamp studies and watch assigned pre-recorded lectures before class.
The cohort takes place March 8 – September 1, 2022 with one break week for Prime Day.
Class meets each week on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 4-6 pm CST with office hours available.
Upon successful completion of the bootcamp, graduates are able to not only understand the theory behind information security, but also how to apply it in real world situations.
In addition, graduates receive:
- Certificate of Completion and digital badge upon successfully completing the course requirements and final exam
- Eligible to attempt the Evolve Security Certified Professional (ESCP) certification exam
- A network of cybersecurity professionals and experts from different organizations and backgrounds
- Real world project experience as a Security Apprentice that can be shared with potential employers
- Preparation for other information security certifications such as the CompTIA Security+ certification, if pursuing them
- Job preparation services and support in landing a cybersecurity-related job
- 94% of alumni actively seeking a cybersecurity position get hired within 6 months
- Hired graduates experienced a median salary increase of 48%
- Job seeking graduates were hired within 74 days on average
- Graduates median total compensation was $68,000
Statistics last updated March 2021
The hiring rate is calculated based on statistics from our Cybersecurity Bootcamp alumni. This data is collected from graduates who were actively job seeking and were offered a full-time or a contract-to-hire job in the cybersecurity industry within 6 months of becoming an Evolve Security Certified Professional (ESCP).
Graduates who are included in our success and hiring metrics meet all of the following criteria:
- Sought employment opportunities in information security.
- Met the Actively Job Seeking expectations which includes taking ownership of job search, following job preparation curriculum, networking online and in-person, continuous education and working with a career coach.
- Successfully completed the Evolve Academy Bootcamp (having no unexcused attendance for classes, labs, and workshops) and earned the ESCP certification.
- Paid all tuition payments on time and in full.
- Responsive and engaged throughout their job search process.
- Took all phone and in-person interviews made available to them.
- Accepted a job in the cybersecurity industry.
Graduates who are not included in our success and hiring metrics:
- Took an extended leave of absence during the 6-month window and did not engage with job search support resources. We will support these students upon their re-engagement.
- Pursued other educational or training programs within the 6 months window.
Candidates who successfully complete the Evolve Academy cybersecurity curriculum are qualified for the following positions depending on their background and experience (not a comprehensive list).
Tier 1 roles for those with no technical background:
- IT Helpdesk
- Associate Cybersecurity Engineer
- Cybersecurity Analyst
Tier 2 roles for those with some technical background and higher attitude and aptitude for cybersecurity:
- Systems Engineer
- Security Engineer
- Security Analyst/Engineer
- Cybersecurity Analyst/Engineer
- Network Security Analyst/Engineer
- InfoSec/IT Security Analyst/Engineer:
- Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
- Security Sales Engineer
- Associate Security Consultant (Technical/Compliance)
A Windows or Mac machine with at least an i7 processor and at least 8 GBs RAM is required.
Yes! You can request a school accommodation through Amazon, which is a temporary schedule change lasting for the duration of the Amazon Career Choice program you have enrolled in. A school accommodation can be requested to help employees attend classes without using paid personal time or unpaid time.
At this time, Evolve Academy is only approved to accept students at any of the following sites: Charleston, SC, Des Moines, IA, Huntsville, AL, Milwaukee, WI, Montgomery, AL and Omaha, NE.
You can apply for a voucher by going to AmazonCareerChoice.com. Next, you’ll select the ‘Pathways’ track and fill out a voucher application. Once you receive your approved voucher, you will digitally sign it and submit a copy to an Evolve Admissions Advisor to secure your seat in the Cybersecurity Bootcamp.
The Amazon Cybersecurity Bootcamp tuition is $5,250. The Amazon Career Choice Program offers 100% tuition coverage up to the yearly tuition maximum depending on your part-time or full-time status. The annual tuition maximum is $5,250 for full-time employees and $2,625 for part-time employees.
Option 1: Pay in full – upfront.
- 100% remaining tuition due one week before the bootcamp start date.
Option 2: Financing
- We partner with a third-party lender, Ascent Funding, to provide affordable personal loans. Visit their website for details on how to apply and to calculate your financing.
Amazon Associates who meet the following criteria will be eligible to apply for the Evolve Academy Cybersecurity Bootcamp through the Amazon Career Choice program:
- You are a part-time or full-time Amazon employee working at any of the Amazon sites Evolve Academy has been approved in
- You have been employed by Amazon for at least 90 continuous days
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.