Staff AccountantApply Now
Evolve Security is looking for a Staff Accountant to partner with our Director of Finance to support a rapidly growing cybersecurity training and services firm in a team-centered environment.
As the second full-time member of our accounting and finance team, you will manage a variety of accounting operations including general ledger maintenance, payables, receivables and payroll. Additionally, you will assist with the financial reporting, budgeting and planning for the organization to help support executive decision making.
Our ideal candidate is not just focused on crunching numbers, but also has an entrepreneurial spirit and is interested in growing alongside a dynamic organization. Our new team member should thrive in an environment where self-direction and continuous problem solving is expected. Having a curiosity to learn and sense of humor helps too.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to develop the foundation for a successful accounting and finance career. Your contribution will make a direct impact on the growth of the company.
What will you be doing?
- Create and issue customers’ invoices while maintaining current receivables
- Process payable invoices and settle payment on a timely basis
- Maintain the integrity of the general ledger by booking monthly and one-off journal entries and preparing monthly bank and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Demonstrate a strong customer service approach to internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain cash flow forecast and regular analysis of cash requirements
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting for internal and external audiences
- Assist with the annual budgeting process
- Oversee finance-related HR functions including payroll for full-time and contracted employees, employee onboarding and offboarding, employee expense reports, benefits and 401K administration
- Prepare ad hoc reporting and various projects, as needed
Preferred Experience & Ambition:
- 1-3 years relevant financial and accounting experience
- Keen eye and attention to detail – your cash is organized, and all bills face the same way
- Strong written and communication skills; ability to speak to leadership, partners, and customers
- High level of comfort working in a dynamic and evolving environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and working style - self-starter, highly accountable, ability to anticipate problems and define and implement effective solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
Why join us?
- Progressive startup culture in a high growth organization, with minimal bureaucracy
- Engage in a fast-paced and challenging environment with opportunity to grow your talents
- Evolve Security Academy training
- Healthcare Benefits
- 401(k) Match
- Parental Leave
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Annual vacation reimbursement
- Flexible work remote schedule