Senior Back End Software EngineerApply Now
Evolve Security is looking for a Senior Back End Software Engineer to build, enhance, and maintain dozens of small applications that follow a microservices architecture.
What will you be doing?
This is a perfect opportunity for someone with deep technical experience who is looking to grow into a more well-rounded engineer by owning the entire software development process from beginning to end including interviewing clients, gathering business requirements, gaining buy-in from senior leadership, training others and providing support to tech-savvy customers such as software developers, network engineers and penetration testers.
This position will focus on the design and development of a family of small applications that enhance and integrate with our custom-built platforms and tools including DARWIN™ Attack (vulnerability management) and CyberLAB™ (learning management). Beyond technical experience, this role requires empathy to meet the customer’s needs and a desire teach and learn from teammates.
You will build most frequently with Dot Net Core running on serverless Azure Functions. However, given the diverse nature of our cybersecurity clients’ needs, you will have the opportunity to build VMs, Docker containers and networks, as well as applications written in C, C++, C#, Go, Rust, and Java deployed to Azure, AWS, and on-premises environments.
- Interviewing technical clients (usually highly technical coworkers) to determine their use cases and challenges
- Documenting use cases and requirements
- Communicating vision, schedule, and budget to senior leadership and getting buy-in
- Writing well-designed, testable, efficient applications using software development best practices
- Deploying applications to cloud environments using a CICD pipeline that includes automated testing
- Collaborating with end users to ensure deliverables are met successfully and customers are satisfied
- Training end users on how to use the tools (videos, documents, one-on-one sessions)
- Providing customer service for deployed solutions: fix it when it breaks, help people understand what they did wrong, all while showing empathy and patience
- Exercising judgment about the scope of solutions given the constraints of delivery time and future reuse
- Mentoring other developers
Preferred Experience & Ambition:
- 5+ years of experience building back end software in any language(s)
- 3+ years of experience deploying / developing applications in Azure or AWS
- Previous experience working in Cybersecurity, Penetration Testing, or any Security-focused role is not required but would give you a serious leg up
- Experience with source control and versioning (Git) in a CICD Pipeline (Jenkins, Azure DevOps)
- Computer science or similar degree in technology (or equivalent experience)
- High degree of motivation and follow-through in order to see projects from start to finish
- High degree of empathy for end users (developers, network engineers, penetration testers)
- Enthusiasm for technology and cybersecurity
- Positive attitude and desire to learn
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
Why join us?
- A unique opportunity to develop entire applications from the ground up
- Visibility into the big picture
- An opportunity to have a noticeable impact and make a difference
- Focused mentorship and personal development
- Direct access to management and senior executives
- Progressive startup culture with minimal bureaucracy
- Engage in a fast-paced and challenging environment with opportunity to grow your talents
- Healthcare Benefits
- 401k Match
- Parental Leave
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Flexible work remote options
- Evolve Security Academy cybersecurity training
- Annual vacation bonus