Security Engineer – Instructional DesignApply Now
Evolve Security is looking for a full-time Security Engineer – Instructional Design who is passionate about developing curriculum and training cybersecurity talent. This position will serve as the instructor for our corporate training engagements and develop the Academy curriculum. This is an opportunity to share your knowledge and expertise by enhancing our curriculum and educating individuals eager to grow in the cybersecurity industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead discussions, provide analysis of security concepts, facilitate hands-on labs, support clients in their projects and challenges, and provide feedback to clients.
- Assist with teaching in our Bootcamps.
- Assist with Academy admissions and mentor students as they seek cybersecurity jobs.
- Lead MeetUps and other outreach events related to the Academy.
- Build and deploy relevant technical labs and cyber simulations using our custom build CyberLAB and CyberRange platform.
- Curate and strengthen overall state of curriculum.
- Design and develop curriculum, labs and assessments for advanced and remote training programs.
- Potential to work on various consulting engagements through services division.
Are you the right fit?
- 4 or more years of information security experience.
- Formal instruction or curriculum design experience.
- Formal systems development experience.
- Fundamental understanding of common operating systems (Linux and Windows).
- Fundamental understanding of networking.
- In- depth knowledge of offensive and defensive security capabilities.
- In-depth knowledge of cybersecurity threat intelligence and emerging attacks.
- Understanding of application security best practices.
- Familiarity with cloud security and cloud environments such as AWS and Azure.
- Proficiency in Python or other relevant coding language.
- Experience working in or with enterprise security teams, and using commercial tools and open-source security tools.
- CCNA, AWS, Splunk or other security certifications are a nice to have.
Why join us?
- Progressive startup culture in a high growth organization, with minimal bureaucracy
- Engage in a fast-paced and challenging environment with opportunity to grow your talents
- Evolve Security Academy training
- Healthcare Benefits
- 401(k) Match
- Parental Leave
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Annual vacation reimbursement
- Flexible work remote schedule