Business Development Manager (Evolve Labs)Apply Now
Evolve Security is seeking a Business Development Manager to support the continued growth of the Managed Services and Technical Validation (Evolve Labs) teams.
This position is predominantly focused on growing new business for the technical validation services division (Evolve Labs) of Evolve Security, including but not limited to selling our brand of Managed Network/Application Layer Penetration Testing, Cloud Security Assessments, and Network/Application Security Architecture Review Services.
The Business Development Manager is accountable for generating net new revenue, selling into new accounts, and ultimately contributing to the growth of the account and partner base of the organization. The role involves being comfortable and capable of building and maintaining relationships with mid to senior level decision makers across a wide range of industries, generating a reliable sales pipeline through prospecting, confidently leading introductory client meetings, driving project scoping meetings, contract review meetings, and conducting live demonstrations of the Evolve Security reporting and analytics platform (and other collaboration tools).
Evolve Security’s culture is rooted in cybersecurity education. We are looking for candidates who are eager to grow their understanding of cybersecurity and our methodological approach to enterprise services while channeling their previous industry experience.
This is a Salary + Commission position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generating a reliable sales pipeline through prospecting such as crafting email templates, A/B sales messaging, list segmentation, social media networking (LinkedIn) and performing limited cold calling where appropriate.
- Generating net new revenue, selling into new accounts, and ultimately contributing to the growth of the account and partner base of the organization.
- Building and maintaining relationships with mid to senior level decision makers across a wide range of industries
- Confidently leading introductory client meetings and driving project scoping and contract review meetings.
- Conducting live demonstrations of the Evolve Security reporting and analytics platform and other collaboration tools.
- Documenting and communicating project scope, client goals, timing requirements, and expectations for delivery.
- Creating project proposals and guiding legal contracts/paperwork between internal and external teams.
- Creatively nurturing prospective clients through thoughtful outreach such as customer-focused communication, events, and gifts.
- Collaborating across the organization with individuals such as the Director Business Development, Solutions Architects, Project Managers, Marketing and Finance and Legal to meet or challenge client conditions.
- Working collaboratively and support the growth of Business Development Associates.
Preferred Experience & Ambition:
- 3 to 5 years of consultative sales or account management experience (technology/security/software industry is advantageous).
- Experience selling cybersecurity with an understanding of network, application, or cloud environments is advantageous.
- Ability to confidently communicate with high-level decision makers for example: Chief Information Security Officer, CIO, Director of IT, etc.
- Strong writing skills to craft and implement outreach (prospecting) strategies.
- Strong consultative sales acumen including holding qualifying conversations and project discussions from a position of knowledge, specific to a client and their goals.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- High energy, positive attitude, and desire to learn in a high growth sales organization.
- CRM Experience (Preferably Salesforce, HubSpot, or MS Dynamics 365).
- Experience using sales engagement tools (Outreach.io, Salesloft, LinkedIn Sales Navigator) is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
Why Join Us:
- Progressive startup culture in a high growth organization, with minimal bureaucracy
- Engage in a fast-paced and challenging environment with opportunity to grow your talents
- Evolve Security Academy training
- Healthcare Benefits
- 401(k) Match
- Parental Leave
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Annual vacation reimbursement
- Flexible work remote schedule