Business Development Associate (multiple openings)Apply Now
What will you be doing?
Evolve Security is looking for a Business Development Associate to support the Business Development and Sales teams in the areas of Evolve Labs, Talent and Advisory and Academy Enterprise Training.
This role is focused on building our sales pipeline with potential clients interested in improving their security posture. You are involved in the full sales cycle from prospecting, to quote generation, to assisting/negotiating contracts, and managing client expectations. You will work closely with experienced members of the business development and sales team to learn and grow within the company. This is a growth opportunity role, with the intention of building business development team members quickly as they mature in our process and demonstrate aptitude in the role.
Serving initially as a lead generation and support role, this position requires exceptional communication by phone, email, and LinkedIn, the ability to build and manage relationships with prospective clients, and a commitment to excellence in sales. Candidates with a winning sales mentality, strong work ethic, positive attitude, and excellent communication skills will thrive in this role. Successful candidates will be creative in developing experimental ways to connect and set up meetings with key individuals.
Evolve Security’s culture is rooted in cybersecurity education. We are looking for candidates who are eager to build their understanding of cybersecurity and our enterprise services.
This is a Salary + Commission position.
- Generating a reliable sales pipeline through prospecting such as crafting email templates, A/B sales messaging, list segmentation, social media networking (LinkedIn) and performing limited cold calling where appropriate.
- Generating net new revenue, selling into new accounts, and ultimately contributing to the growth of the account and partner base of the organization.
- Building and maintaining relationships with mid to senior level decision makers across a wide range of industries.
- Confidently leading introductory client meetings and driving project scoping and contract review meetings with the support of Business Development Managers and Sales Directors.
- Conducting live demonstrations of the Evolve Security reporting and analytics platform and other collaboration tools.
- Documenting and communicating project scope, client goals, timing requirements, and expectations for delivery with the support of Business Development Managers and Sales Directors.
- Creating project proposals and guiding legal contracts/paperwork between internal and external team with the support of Business Development Managers and Sales Directors.
- Creatively nurturing prospective clients through thoughtful outreach such as customer-focused communication, events, and gifts.
- Collaborating across the organization with individuals such as the Director Business Development, Solutions Architects, Project Managers, Marketing and Finance and Legal to meet or challenge client conditions.
Are you the right fit?
- 0 to 2 years of sales, marketing, or account management experience – technology/software industry is advantageous
- Solid organizational skills including researching, list making and managing information
- Ability to communicate via phone and email with comfort, creativity, and curiosity
- High energy, positive attitude, and desire to learn in a high growth sales organization.
- CRM Experience (Preferably Salesforce, HubSpot, or MS Dynamics 365).
- Experience using sales engagement tools (Outreach.io, Salesloft, LinkedIn Sales Navigator) is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with ability to manage data in excel and a sharp eye for document formatting, writing and presentations.
- Enthusiasm for technology and cybersecurity
- Bachelor’s degree
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
Why join us?
- Progressive startup culture in a high growth organization, with minimal bureaucracy
- Engage in a fast-paced and challenging environment with opportunity to grow your talents
- Healthcare Benefits
- 401k Match
- Parental Leave
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Flexible work remote schedule
- Evolve Security Academy cybersecurity training
- Annual vacation bonus